Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bioinfo Publications Open Access?
Bioinfo Publications Open access (OA) is the practice of providing unrestricted access via the Internet to peer-reviewed scholarly International Journal articles. Our Open Access system follows Creative Commons Attribution License
What is Impact Factor? How is it calculated?
The Impact Factor, often abbreviated IF, is a measure reflecting the average number of citations to recent articles published in science and social science journals.
IF is calculated by dividing the number of citations in the Journal Citation Reports year by the total number of articles published in the two previous years.
● Bioinfo Publications Peer-Reviewed Journals having Worldwide presence
*Is there any Journal indexed in the catalog of National Library of Medicine (NLM) division of NCBI (PubMed), USA ?
● International Journal of Zoology Research
● International Journal of Genomics and Proteomics
● International Journal of Bioinformatics Research
● International Journal of Microbiology Research
*Impact Value: ICV: http://www.journals.indexcopernicus.com/info.php
* ICV : Index Copernicus Value (ICV)
* ICV Evaluation methodology : http://journals.indexcopernicus.com/page.php?page=3
What are the Publication Charges for Bioinfo Publications Journals?
Publication Charges vary from journal to journal and ranges from $100 to $345 [Final Charges given in the Instructions for authors page of the Corresponding journal].
The publication charges are classified based on the World Bank Economies of countries. For more details visit the "Instructions for authors" page of the corresponding journal.
Article-processing charges for -Authors ?
Publishing with open access is not without costs. Bioinfo Publications defrays those costs from article-processing charges, because it does not have subscription charges for its research content, believing instead that immediate, world-wide, barrier-free, open access to the full text of research articles is in the best interests of the scientific community.
Article-processing charges for - Bioinfo Editorial board member ?
Benefits for Bioinfo editorial board member:
1. Bioinfo editorial board member will receive 10 % discount for Subscription Journals;
2. Invite your colleagues to publish their paper in Bioinfo Publications Journals without publication cost (*for special issues only)
3. Bioinfo editorial board member will receive 50 % discount on the total publication charges for pre and post conferences articles
4. Publication Charges vary from journal to journal and are classified based on the World Bank Economies of countries. For more details visit the "Instructions for authors" page of the corresponding journal
*Please note that all above benefits are subject to the level of contribution and involvement [Effective from 01 April 2016*]
What do the article-processing charges pay for?
● immediate world-wide barrier-free open access to the full text
● developing and maintaining electronic tools for peer review and publication
● preparation in various formats for online publication
● securing inclusion in Open Access (enabling electronic citation in other journals that are available electronically)
How do Bioinfo Publications charges compare with other publishers?
Bioinfo Publications article processing charges are extremely less and competitive. In general, Bioinfo Publications charges are amongst the lowest of any publisher offering open access publication.
I am unable to access the editorial tracking page. How to get access to log in?
Editorial tracking can be accessed with the mail id and passwords provided by the Managing editors or else please contact us through the corresponding journal mail id or send a mail to email@example.com
I want to know where Bioinfo Publications Journals are indexed ?
Our journals are indexed in DOAJ, NAAS, CAS, Open J-gate, CAS, SHARPA-Romeo, ERIC, ORAE, EBSCO, CARLI, CEPIEC, Ovid, ProQuest, PubsHub, QSpace, SCIRUS, ALADIN services, WorldCat, Ulrichsweb.
I am unable to submit more than one document in Editorial Tracking. What to do/ Any alternatives?
You can either submit your documents through Zip file in editorial tracking system or you can email to- firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the Bioinfo Publications editorial responsibilities? Is there any bond for accepting this responsibility? What are the benefits?
Bioinfo Publications is interested to associate with well qualified people to increase the reach in the scientific research community. There is no bond for accepting the responsibility; you can work as long as you have enough time towards the journal activities.
Editor Responsibilities include:
● Invitation and collections of initial articles from editorial board members
● Together with other editorial board members, solicit a steady stream of articles on a journal issue basis
● Adding peer-reviewers to the peer-review Bioinfo reviewer database
● Assigning peer-reviewers to the respective articles
● Oversee the peer-review process and making sure that reviewers respond within the deadline
● Peer review assists the Bioinfo Publications editor in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author in improving the articles
● Reviewing and Promptness of Publication
● Ensure the quality of published material through peer-review, own comments, and editing
● An editor must have superior skills to ask for revision without the reviewers' decision and if needed, should be able to rewrite poorly written manuscripts.
● Bioinfo Publications editor should evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, country or political philosophy of the authors.
1. Editorial board member receives number of benefits including some waiver or discount on total publication charges in any journal covered by Bioinfo Publications.
2. Special issue editor can invite colleagues to publish their paper in Bioinfo Publications Journals including some waiver or discount (for special issues only)
Is there any letter of appointment for being an editorial board member for Bioinfo Publications?
Appointment letter will be provided after the acceptance of the editorial board invitation.
What is the duration for publishing an article?
The duration for publishing of manuscript is three weeks to eight weeks [21 days to 2 Months].
What kind of manuscripts do you publish?
Bioinfo Publications will publish all types of research articles, review article, case studies, reports, short communications, letter to editors, and editorials.
Is there any upcoming conference for Bioinfo Publications Journal ?
Please visit http://www.bioinfopublication.org/index.php / for details for our upcoming scientific events.
What are reviewer credits? Can you provide me with additional information on this?
Bioinfo Publications awards reviewer credits for the beneficial efforts of the reviewers towards the rapid peer-review process.
Bioinfo Publications Editorial office of the corresponding journal will provide you reviewer credits at the end of the year based on the following criteria
1. Fast Process of Review (FPR)
2. Quality Analysis (QA)
3. Contribution to Editorial Decisions (CED)
4. Justified Publication Decisions (JPD)
5. Suggestions to Editors/Authors (SA).
For additional information go to: http://www.bioinfopublication.org/index.php
How do I choose a topic for editorial?
The editorial can be written based on the research interest within the aim and scope of the Bioinfo Publications Journal.
I would be glad to write an article. Is there any particular topic that you would like me to write?
The article can be written within the aim and scope of the Bioinfo Publications Journal.
Is there any page limit for writing manuscripts for Bioinfo Publications Journal?
There is no page limit for regular or special issue manuscripts but there is a three page limit for editorials.
Are there any publication charges for color images and number of pages in manuscripts?
There are no specific charges for color images and number of pages. It will be charged if you opt for reprints separately.
Articles ever withdrawn from Bioinfo Publications or Bioinfo Digital Library
However, very occasionally some circumstances arise in which a manuscript is published that must later be retracted or even removed from Bioinfo Journals. Such decisions must never be taken lightly, and can only occur under exceptional circumstances, such as:
• Infringements of professional ethical codes, such as multiple submissions to other journals, bogus claims of authorship, plagiarism, fraudulent use of data.
• Legal limitations upon the publisher, copyright holder or authors
• The identification of wrong, false or inaccurate data that, if acted upon, would pose a serious health risk.
Note: * If in future any conflict of interest | Misstep | Flaw | Fluff found in article experimental data | procedure (which invalidates the conclusion), article will be immediately retracted from publication process
Bioinfo Journals Open Access Model?
Bioinfo Journals Open Access is a publishing model that provides immediate, worldwide, barrier-free access to the full text / PDF of research articles without requiring a subscription to the Bioinfo journal in which these articles are published. In this model, the publication costs are usually covered by the author\'s institution or research funds. These Bioinfo Journals Open Access charges replace subscription charges and allow the publishers to make the published material freely available to all interested online readers. At the same time, authors who publish in Bioinfo Open Access journals retain the copyright of their article. Other than their cost-recovery model, Open Access journals are no different from traditional subscription-based journals; they undergo the same peer-review and quality control as any other scholarly journal. Moreover, Open Access allows for maximum visibility, uptake and use of the published material.
Contact Email: email@example.com