Bioinfo Publications are devoted to publish latest research work, their formulation methodologies, and interactions with systems. We invite proposals for special issues that fall within the scope of Bioinfo Publications journals. Special issues in this group should focus on key elements of scientific research that have significant relevance to the current requirements of academia and industry.
Welcome to Conference organizers
Conference organizers are welcome to publish the proceedings as special issues in the journal.
They may also organize a special issue based on the extended or full versions of papers that were presented in the conference, symposium or workshop.
Proposal Preparation of Special issues for Bioinfo Journals
Special issues will be released on a bi-monthly basis and proposals will be accepted accordingly. All proposals should include the following information:
▪ Title of the proposed special issue
▪ Purpose and current relevance
▪ List of topics to be covered- scope
▪ List of potential contributors / list of articles
▪ List of Guest Editor(s) and Reviewers
▪ Address, phone, e-mail, and fax of guest editors and reviewers
▪ Tentative deadlines for submission and review process (Timeline for submission, review, and final acceptance)
All proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Role of Editorial Board Members of Bioinfo Journals
▪ Review the special issue proposals for relevance to current research in the concerned field.
▪ Recommend suitable proposals and their guest editors along with their biographies.
Once a proposal has been accepted by the Editorial Board members for creating a special issue, the corresponding guest editors will be responsible for handling and processing of the special issue articles.
Role of special issue Guest Editor(s) of Bioinfo Journals
▪ State the importance of the proposed special issue theme and explain how the special issue articles will contribute towards advancing the scope of the Bioinfo journal.
▪ Suggest potential authors and invite them for contributing relevant articles for the proposed special issue.
▪ Suggest a minimum of 3-5 reviewers for the manuscripts submitted towards the special issue.
▪ Carry out all communications with potential authors and reviewers concerning Instruction for Authors or as per author guidelines for manuscript preparation and reviewing.
▪ Prepare a timeline and schedule for the release of special issue articles. This should include a timeline for manuscript preparation, review process, and final submission.
▪Oversee the submission of final edited versions of the contributing articles along with the contact information of all corresponding authors.
▪Include a short editorial for the topic of interest written either by the guest editor or by any of the contributors.
▪Special issue articles can includes original unpublished research articles, review articles, short communication, case reports related to the specific theme.
▪Manuscripts will be accepted for publishing in the special issue only after getting approved by the peer review committee [selected by the guest editor(s)].
▪All the articles in special issues should strictly adhere to journal style and formatting.
▪Each special issue can be created with 7-15 articles.
▪Online Manuscript Submission to the Special Issue Editor at *Editorial Tracking System or E-Mail- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
▪Submission should be accompanied by a cover letter with reference to the concerned special issue theme.
▪Accepted manuscripts submitted before the deadline will be published within the given timeframe for the respective journal publication.
Once accepted and published, all special issues will be released under an open access system through Bioinfo Publications and will be freely available for reading, downloading, and printing [*for OA Journals only].
What are the Bioinfo Publications special issue editor responsibilities? Is there any bond for accepting this responsibility? What are the benefits
Bioinfo Publications is interested to associate with well qualified people to increase the reach in the scientific research community. There is no bond for accepting the responsibility; you can work as long as you have enough time towards the journal activities.
Editor Responsibilities include:
▪ Invitation and collections of initial articles from editorial board members
▪ Together with other editorial board members, solicit a steady stream of articles on a journal issue basis
▪ Adding peer-reviewers to the peer-review Bioinfo reviewer database
▪ Assigning peer-reviewers to the respective articles
▪ Oversee the peer-review process and making sure that reviewers respond within the deadline
▪ Peer review assists the Bioinfo Publications editor in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author in improving the articles
▪ Reviewing and Promptness of Publication
▪ Ensure the quality of published material through peer-review, own comments, and editing
▪ An editor must have superior skills to ask for revision without the reviewers' decision and if needed, should be able to rewrite poorly written manuscripts.
Benefits for special issue editor :
1. Editorial board member receives number of benefits including some waiver or discount on total publication charges in any journal covered by Bioinfo Publications.
2. Special issue editor can invite colleagues to publish their paper in Bioinfo Publications Journals including some waiver or discount (for special issues only)
Manuscript Handling Fee or Open Access publication charges:
As charges are involved in every stage of the article / paper publication process, like manuscript handling form submission to publication, peer-review process, typesetting, copy-editing, tagging and indexing of articles, Electronic composition, webpage development and production, hosting the final article on dedicated servers, electronic archiving, server and website update and maintenance, charges to ensure global dissemination and administrative and overheads, the author is asked to pay an article publication charges. Article Publication charges, to cover processing and publications charges.
In an open access model, the publication costs of an article are paid from an author's research budget, or by their supporting organization / institution, in the form of Article Processing Charges. These Article Processing Charges replace subscription charges and allow publishers to make the full-text of every published article freely available to all interested readers. In addition, authors who publish in our open access journals retain the copyright of their work enabling the unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction of an article in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.
Revised publication charges effective from 15 July 2015*
World Bank Country Classification*
Category:- *Publication Charges
Low-income economies (91): 100 USD
Middle-income economies (54): 200 USD
High-income economies (70): 300 USD
Online Manuscript Submission Guideline: Editorial Tracking System
or E-Mail- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Click here to submit Article / Manuscript.
For further information on special issue guidelines and submission process, please contact - firstname.lastname@example.org